Monday, September 13, 2010

The Deiterings - Established: September 5th, 2010

What to say about this day....??

It was probably one of the fastest days we've ever had.

So, I woke up puffy and a little sick. From both the drinking and the crying. One of the best decisions I made for the pre-wedding pampering was to do a ride that morning. As in, ride some horses.

I took my bridesmaids (plus Jason--can't remember how he came in to it, I just remember I invited him.. probably to entice him in to coming to the wedding) on a horse riding luncheon! Stacy Puppy has never been on a horse, and I believe Jeana hasn't had too much experience with them, so we took the easy ride. Julie, Samantha, and Jason took the advance (LUCKY!) hehe. Well, as it turns out, though it was a peaceful and relaxing ride, our lead horse was an easy spook. She got afraid of logs in the trail. And kids. and a jack-ass runner who wouldn't stop for us to pass because a runner coming towards a horse makes them freak out. idiot.

anyway. Our lead horse freaked out at some logs, so it made Stacy and Jeana's horse freak out too. Mine (JD) was a little too far back and didn't freak out until more towards the end. But our lead was an awesome rider and though her horse was running in circles like a crazy thing, she stayed on. Impressive. Jeana's horse ran about 10 feet up the hill. Stacy's backed up and went maybe 2 feet up the hill. Then when mine decided to freak out (he couldn't be older than 10, but he was like an old soul and lazy) and ran about 20 feet up the hill. all off the trail.

But after we decided to go a different route everything was... meh. haha. It was still relaxing, but it wasn't as exciting as that 5 minutes. I was really proud of Stacy and Jeana :D.

After that, I met Craig in a little rendezvous spot to meet with our new officiant again. It was kind of sweet. I wanted to wait until we were all dressed up, but... it was... cute. or something like that. haha. So we met with him, then Craig and I checked in to our room then he dropped me off. I packed all my stuff and moved it in to my car to take it to our new room to get ready.

Julie and Sammy came with me. Jeana and Virginia did my hair!!! which, after sending 17 different hair styles, they came up with their own style of awesome-ness :D.

At 3-ish we started taking the "formal" pictures. Though, I was a little late. Even though we already saw each other that morning (and the night before)... we hadn't seen each other all dressed up.

So Craig's smile was HUGE when he saw me. it was so cute. And he looked fantastic in his suit. Usually it looks like he put on his daddy's suit, but the tux fit him so well. And I loved it. He kept telling me I was beautiful and holding me.

Pictures were great, it wasn't as awkward being the center of attention as I thought it would be. But I think it was because I was confident that Holly would take awesome pictures. Even though my dress was dirty. Then Craig, Holly, Tyler and I escaped the fray of family and went up the hill and got to the ceremony late. Fashionably of course :D

From stories I've heard, Craig made sure our officiant got noticed for sticking around and doing this last minute act of kindness (who by the way, asked for no payment, and only to pay it forward). He also did some fun groomsmen stuff. Which I have yet to see, but I'm super excited.

Then, it was our turn to go. My dad was driving me, Julie and Stacy were driving with Jeana and Sammy as their passengers (3 golf-carts total). My dad and I went in to the grass and drove around the crowd and then got ready to walk down the aisle.

Finally! I got to Craig! I can hardly remember what was said, except for me saying "raccoon raccoon raccoon" so I didn't cry and Craig. He yelled "I DO!" it was so cute. Then towards the end, when we were exchanging vows and rings, his eyes were getting red and watery. So freaking awesome. I've only seen Craig cry maybe three times in our 6 years together, never out of happiness. So it was great that he was so positive about being with me forever.

We took more pictures, poor Craig had to hold me in several different positions. We had our aunt and uncle go to our room and get our marriage license (yes.... we're insane... and stupid apparently). Then we went in and watched our slide show my new brother-in-law put together. Then we were announced, started our rounds to talk. Such a happy time.

The food was fantastic. Everyone loved my extra details (a lot less than what I really did, but they thought it was a big deal :D). The music was great.. I did leave the reception area for the one Michael Jackson song. lol. I didn't have to pay for 1 Mimosa. It was great!

If you want to look, some pictures are up here!!! eeek.

yay!

So.. that was day 1 of Craig and Amber Deitering.

No comments:

Post a Comment