Friday, September 10, 2010

Pre The Deiterings September 3rd, 2010

Friday! September 3rd, 2010

My family and I tried to get out of Folsom as quick as possible. Which was not as quick as possible. But in our rush!!! I didn't repack. Which left me without underwear all weekend :D

Finally on the road.. much later than we wanted... it took us about 2 hours to get there since traffic loves us. (pssst... no it doesn't). I postponed my meeting with my coordinator (Cassandra) until the next afternoon, because we weren't going to make the meeting that day.

We check in, claim our rooms and beds. Julie/Brian/Brandon/Peyton and Jason come in and claim their beds and sofas :).

So far, nothing has kicked in. Yeah, we're all there for Craig and I... but, it just feels like fun.

My mom, Sammy and I had an appointment at Sassy Nails :D. FRENCH MANICURE! oh, and pedicure... Let me tell you!!! They did an awesome job making us feel comfortable! Besides the whole tickling the feet part (though, my mom's was less a tickle, and more a sanding tool.. hahaha.. so funny) and my ingrown toenails they sliced through (part of which cut my skin.. oops) it was great being pampered after soo much work for this 1 weekend.

The scariest 2 things happened that night though. Poor Craig.

It started with my mom and Jimmy going to pick up my aunt Erica and cousin Tyler from the airport. Okay, before then when Jimmy and Jason started making me screwdrivers to ease the nerves. I went down to the very bottom, looked out a dark window and thought "That'd be weird if someone was looking in right there." Only to walk a little bit further towards my room where there's also the main door.... only to see some stranger standing outside, looking in!!!! Of course I screamed! That'd be ridiculous if I didn't. Then I realized that it was housekeeping, and he came over to give us a key for 2 condo's over to use their empty refridgerator because ours was broken.

2nd scary moment: After that I started texting Craig, glad that we're finally near each other (yeaaaahhh... we were only apart for a day, but I just love seeing him every night, kissing him goodnight with an "I love you"). Then I had the insane idea: I NEED to see him. So I call to ask if I can come over. Here's where the scary part comes in. I was walking outside, in the pitch black... thinking "i can do this, I can do this, nothing's coming to eat me" when the bushes started rattling. A lot. Like... a coyote or bear was in the bushes and just spotted me, thinking that I would be a tasty late night snack. Pitch black, can't see a thing around me... I screamed so loud and ran all the way back to the condo. I called Craig back and made him come get me in his truck. It turns out I was walking the wrong way (the extremely logical way, but not the correct way) and they were closer than we thought. But I just HAD to see him. I wanted to make sure he was okay... and ready... and that he still loved me :).

No comments:

Post a Comment