Friday, September 10, 2010

Pre The Deiterings September 4th, 2010

Saturday, September 4th, 2010

Oh Saturday... One of the best, yet dramatic day of this whole experience.

First of all.. it was Craig's and I 6 year dating anniversary :). Why didn't we get married on that day? for 1... it was cheaper to wait one day. Then the 2nd reason and after-thought reason was because.. hey we went through a lot of great and terrible times in our 6 years of realization to be together forever. So it deserves its own day! and the 5th is awesome, we can have 2 days of vacation together! :D

Puppy got in at about 11.. I made her go to the meeting with Cassandra with me so someone else would know what to do if I'm not available. I let her sleep (long drive in) at about 1... she had to be back up at like 3 to get ready for the Rehearsal Dinner.

Welp... my family was missing by the time I got back to the condo. I guess they all went to the lake to go swimming. So I walked over to Craig's family's condo. The correct way this time ;). And I just hung out with them until about 3 when everyone started getting ready for the Rehearsal Dinner. It was nice hanging out with them though.. especially with Craig.

Rehearsal Dinner was fabulous. Mikes Hard Lemonade! Food! Friends! Family! Games!

And then it went to chaos. I checked my phone and found a message from Cassandra (my coordinator) saying: "Amber, call me, it's about Ellen" Later I found that she had left me a voicemail too.. but I immediately called Cassandra from that message. Only to find out that Ellen (our Officiant) was rushed to the hospital after making it to the ceremony site in time for the Rehearsal... Holy crap, my world sank. Craig was great. Puppy was fantastic. She switched in to business mode and got all the information needed from Cassandra while Craig held me and rubbed my arms/back. Cassandra had a back up plan for us though. She asked the guy who had just officiated his friends wedding like an hour before and he agreed stay an extra day to do our wedding too. Stacy (in full business mode) had also asked her to think of plan c)

I cried... but we got to the Rehearsal, ran through that, met with the new officiant, then rushed to the hospital. Since we were both pretty intoxicated.. well.. too much so to drive (combined with the freak out of no officiant the day before the wedding) so Craig's dad drove us. I weaseled my way in to see her and see if she was okay... I had to wake her up, but no, she wasn't okay.


What an emotional experience! holy moly. She's not that old, but... in that moment (like all others) she looked extremely old and fragile... and not up to marrying us the next day. I left there puffy and determined not to let it ruin our next day. We went ahead with Russell (our new guy) and scheduled to meet him the next morning.


Oh how I wish that was the end of it. I started freaking out because I thought our marriage license had Ellen's information on it and we wouldn't be able to change it. So when I got back, I grabbed it and went up to the village to talk to Stacy and Hung... Let them figure it out so I could stop crying. Which led to me drinking another drink from being so distraught by the day's unfoldings.


After a fruity drink, really delicious pot stickers and the reassurances from Hung that everything was okay, I finally got to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment