Sunday, January 12, 2014

Q&A A Day 1/12/14

What is your Favorite Accessory?

The only accessories I can wear are my Tiffany's necklace a watch and my rings. Ever since I got my first shot of my first round of Hepatitis B vaccinations, I've been allergic to nickel. So all of my jewelry needs to be "real". Which basically means that it can't be nickel. I'm not sure why it worked out that way, but, IF it helps, I'm also allergic to Vaccines. 

Luckily, I'm still able to have vaccines. I just get a bit puffy around my eyes. And by "a bit", I really mean a lot puffy. It's actually pretty scary how puffy and weird looking I get. Even more weird looking than I already am.

So.. I can't wear nickel, I have to really need the vaccine, I also can't touch/be around plaster, I have to buy special makeup (still no eye shadow) and I can't touch leather... woo! All of it basically ruins my dreams. "How" you ask? Well:

Nickel: I will never be able to buy myself "real" jewelry for no reason and I extremely doubt that the Mr. will every buy me "real" jewelry because he already bought the engagement ring I really wanted. Also, I like pageants. People in pageants wear fake jewelry because it has to be seen from the audience (which means its "fancy" looking) and I could never buy "real"ones that big.

Vaccine: I will be working with sick people in one form or another. If it's in the hospital, there's a lot of required/suggested vaccines you need to get. I'm going to get the vaccines no matter what, so I will have to suffer through the embarrassment of the eyes for at least a week after I get them.

Makeup: Not being able to wear eye shadow is killer!!! I think eye shadow finishes a look and I just learned how to effectively use it. But, there's way too many different chemicals that are in the stuff (even the "organic" stuff), so I'm unable to wear it without looking like Quasimodo. It's almost the saddest part of the allergies... but it's not. It's only the third saddest out of the five.

Plaster: One of my dreams is to live in an old house. BUT! most old houses use plaster for their walls. So no old houses for me. One experience I had with plaster allergy happened when we were making masks for a masquerade ball... I forgot about my allergy until it was drying on my face. Even after I remembered it I still wore the mask for the ball (It was custom made and took a lot of time!). My eyes puffed up both times (after it was made and after I wore it).

Leather: The worst thing for me to be allergic to is leather. I LOVE horses. Horses wear... gear... like bits and saddles and reigns... These things are all made out of leather (well, besides the bit... but it's attached to the halter, which is made out of leather). If I wanted to ride again (Okay... when I want to ride again) I have to wear some cloth gloves and remember to not rub my eyes. This doesn't allow an organic experience with the horses, which kind of (more like "seriously") sucks.

So... Yeah, I can't wear too many accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment