Friday, January 10, 2014

Q&A A Day 1/10/14

Write down something that inspired you today:

Getting donations for the crab feed with Jenny. We decided to go around to local businesses and get some donations for our auction being held at the crab feed for Miss Sac.  

The good: Jenny did all the talking. 

The bad: We didn't get a lot of donations since most of the managers/owners weren't in.

I'm not sure if anyone reading this has had to ask businesses to blindly trust in your organization's mission statement, but it is not easy. Of course, I believe in the Miss America Organization as a tool, not only for the winners of local, state, and national titles, but for the girls who keep coming back to try to win or better themselves.

I've learned so much from the pageant system that is Miss America that, even in my brief two years of competing, I absolutely owe it my limited time and service to help even more young women realize what their true potential in life is.

So, we did the uncomfortable and asked for donations to further our scholarship dollars for the young women running in our program.

Another inspiring thing was that I was successful in playing with Jenny's son while she asked for donations. He was so adorable and easy to distract, but he liked me so much that he wanted to schedule a play-date with me! I feel like I'm back on the bus in elementary school, asking Baleigh Steinberg to play with me this weekend. Except this time, instead of saying "oh, sure!" she actually wanted to hang out with me and made an effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment